- 2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
- 2 Corinthians 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- 2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
What do the faith healers do with a sick apostle? Why didn't Titus lay hands on Paul or anoint him with oil and see the sick recover? Why didn't Timothy come to Paul and agree with him in prayer as in touching anything, believing? Because they knew better that's why. The apostle Paul received different marching orders from the risen Christ than that of Israel's marching orders for their kingdom. The doctrine was completely different and they operated accordingly, as we are to as well. We could cry out and beg and plead or play let's make a deal with God for His intervention in our distresses and infirmities, or, we could be the workman that needeth not to be ashamed , rightly dividing the word of truth understanding we have a new set of plans given to us by Christ through the apostle Paul. His Grace is okie dokie? pretty good? it will do in a pinch? How about His Grace is sufficient!! How many Baptist, Church of God, Church of Christ, Assemblies of God church goers do you know that can make the statement "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me"? Not many if any but rather let the begging begin. Look at any church bulletin on any given Sunday and what will you find people wanting prayer for? infirmities, distresses, persecutions, necessities, reproaches, etc.
- Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
There is going to be suffering in this present evil world but take heart, it does not even compare to the glory which shall be revealed in us....when?
- Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
The redemption of our bodies, when is that?
- 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
- 1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- 1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
- 1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
Without a doubt, we as the church the body of Christ has the absolute best healing program in scripture, we get a new body, one fashioned like unto His glorious body! A body incorruptible and immortal.
- Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Is that good enough for you? or would you rather trade that promise for a temporary physical healing as promised to the nation of priests, Israel? Or are you like just about every professing Christian that attends their church every Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night Bible study or Prayer service which first goes for the covenant promises given to Israel concerning physical healing and when that doesn't work out for them, then and only then do they consider Paul and the information Christ had given him for us in this present dispensation of the grace of God. I like what Paul told Timothy, his son in the faith in 2ND Timothy chapter 2 saying......
- 2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
That speaks to all of us, we need to be strong in the grace and the grace message. We need to get busy in the marketplace of ideas declaring and presenting the gospel of the grace of God with clarity with assurance as to from whom the message comes which is Christ Jesus for everyone that lives in this present dispensation of God's grace. Teach others the grace message who are able to teach others also, then we will see the growth required to see souls saved and saints edifyed
- 2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
For the most part, folks will think you are wacko because they never heard of this Mid Acts Pauline dispensational message before. I meant to say the church going crowd will think you are nuts, the unchurched, untainted folks will listen and see the simplicity which is in Christ and you will see the lost get saved. Every once in a while you will encounter an honest church going person consider what you are saying and realize the message you declare is the truth according to the scriptures. I have had the pleasure in seeing an ordained minister in the Church of God come to the understanding of Mid Acts Pauline dispensationalism and say to me that he wasn't sure of his salvation until I presented it to him. What a blessing! It isn't an easy task so prepare for the battle, get engaged.
- 2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
It is going to be hard but who will do the job if we do not? Soldiers are engaged in battles not sitting in the bunker waiting for the fight to cease. I want to encourage you and myself as well, Be strong in the grace which is in Christ Jesus and let's get in the fight!!!