- Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
I don't know about your situation, but this verse never caught my attention until I slowed down and examined what it actually says. Clearly, the verse demonstrates that the belief system that the Bible says the same thing to everybody at all times is not a solid foundation. Like most folks that get saved, I began to read my new Scofield Bible from cover to cover accumulating the data form Genesis to Revelation as one message. Nothing could be more wrong in doing so. The above verse declares there is more than one message in the scriptures and more than just one gospel. The gospel of the "uncircumcision" and the gospel of the "circumcision". Can it be any more clear? Two gospels in one verse.
Instead of detailing the distinct differences between the two gospels I want to approach this in the context of the last post, Do You Remember When, Part One, specifically in reference to 2ND Corinthians 4:3-4.
- 2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
The gospel being hid from them that are lost does not necessarily mean that they have never heard the gospel of the grace of God but also means that it is hidden in a way that it is not "rightly divided" from the gospel of the kingdom resulting in "our gospel" being hidden. Remember the analogy of the two lights in a dark room whereby you find it difficult to distinguish between the two? If you combine the two gospels together into one belief system, failing to heed to 2ND Timothy 2:15 wherein we are told to "rightly divide the word of truth" the result is what is spoken of in 2ND Corinthians 4:3-4.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
If perhaps you began your Christian life as a Mid Acts right divider, you are very fortunate not having the task of re-learning major portions of the Bible. Sadly, most of us had to go back and take inventory of everything we were taught by our former pastors and teachers who were not dispensational. If you want to learn how to rightly divide the word of truth in order to be that workman that needeth not to be ashamed, it is extremely important to have someone that knows the material . Not only is it vital to have a teacher that is more than just familiar with the doctrines associated with the dispensation of the grace of God, it is just as important to have the correct, perfectly preserved word of God in order to do the study whereby we can install the right doctrine into our inner man which enables the effectual working of the word.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Of course the correct, perfectly preserved word of God in the English language is none other than the authorized King James Bible. So at this point I want to show the "hiding of the gospel" which is pervasive in the corrupted texts utilized in popular so called versions such as the "Message" and the New International Version. I will only post two verses in this post and more in subsequent posts. The first verse I will post here is the first verse I used in this particular post.
- KJB....Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
- NIV....Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews.
- Message....Galatians 2:7 It was soon evident that God had entrusted me with the same message to the non-Jews as Peter had been preaching to the Jews
What happened to the two different gospels? The NIV and Message both are guilty of hiding the gospel by simply making the two gospels as one. What did Paul tell us in 2ND Corinthians? "If our gospel be hid, it is hid from them that are lost" Do you see how subtil the deception is? Who do we know that is described as "subtil"? Let's look at one more verse. The banner verse for Mid Acts Pauline dispensationalism, 2ND Timothy 2:15
- KJB....2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- NIV....2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- Message....2 Timothy 2:15 Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won't be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple.
What happened to "rightly dividing"? Seems as if someone doesn't want us to know we are to study the word of truth, rather we are to handle it properly or just concentrate on being a good boy. The text matters. The truth is hidden form them that are lost. Plain and Simple!! How would you even know that there is a right way that is approved unto God which is clearly by means of right division. Not only have the publishers and so called translators corrupted the text by changing and deleting words, but they are guilty of hiding the gospel to them that are lost. Now, who do we know who is descibed as the "subtil" one?
- Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Now we know the subtil one is Satan. But he isn't hanging around the garden any longer is he? He has transformed himself into something rather different.
- 2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
And that ties the rag on the bush as to who is behind the deception doesn't it! From the beginning the aim of the serpent was to place that doubt in the mind of the hearer saying "Yea, hath God said" Corrupt Bible versions utilizing corrupt texts is not something that has just happened lately, it started in the garden and the tactics of Satan have not changed one bit in 6,000 years.